Welcome to Singapore
Singapore is a city bursting to the seams with impressive attractions, exciting activities, and plenty of day trips for all the family. Almost everyone will have seen an image of the city’s symbol, the Merlion, and this makes our list alongside the nearby Marina Bay Sands SkyPark and Singapore Flyer – both of which offer breathtaking views across the iconic Singapore skyline.
This tiny island state is also a land of contrasts; Chinatown and Little India, both gastronomic and shopping hubs in their own right, represent the incredible ethnic diversity of the country.
No visas are required for holders of private South African passports for visits of less than 30 days. For visits exceeding 30 days, visitors are recommended to apply for extensions while in Singapore at the Singapore Immigration Department.
There is a direct flight from Johannesburg to Singapore. Travel time is approximately 10 hours and 20 minutes.
Where to stay?
The number one hotel in Singapore (as per TripAdvisor) is the Marina Mandarin Singapore. Located in the CBD area, this contemporary high-rise hotel is 2km from the National Museum of Singapore.
Top 5 Must do's in Singapore
1. Catch the spectacular light show at Marina Bay
2. Enjoy the bustling nightlife in Clarke Quay
3. Visit the Universal Studios Singapore – the first amusement park of its kind to open in Southeast Asia
4. View and experience the famous Supertree structures – Gardens by the Bay. The huge, colourful, futuristic park in the bay area of Singapore is an unforgettable experience that’s suitable for the whole family.
5. Take a walk back in history in Chinatown, the perfect place for shopping, authentic Chinese food and temple viewing.